The 2023 finance law is already being applied in services in Cameroon following its promulgation into law by the president of the Republic after its adoption in the November session of parliament.
Amongst the changes effected in the new finance law are increases in taxes in some departments like on stamp duties payable on certain documents and other fees.
Special Stamp Duties Payable on Certain Documents and other Fees
The rate of stamped paper and stamp duties based on paper size stand at 1,500 CFAF for Normal size paper and Half of normal size paper Format.
Stamp duty on passports and other related documents shall be fixed as follows:
– Normal visa: CFAF 100,000;
– Express visa: CFAF 150,000.
– National identity cards issued to Cameroonian nationals, as well as residence permits issued to foreign nationals shall be subject to the following stamp duties: Residence permit 50,000 CFAF for residence permits issued to students, 75,000 CFAF for residence permits issued to foreign workers under contract with the state or a local council and to unemployed spouses.
– Normal visa: 150,000 CFAF
– Express visa: 200,000 CFAF
– 150,000 CFAF for residence permits issued to nationals of African countries and renewal.
– 300,000 FCFA for residence permits issued to nationals of non-African countries as well as their renewal.
Automobile Stamp Duties
The rates of automobile stamp duty are set as follows:
For public passenger and goods transport vehicles
– vehicles of 2 to 7 HP, 15,000 CFAF.
– vehicles of 8 to 13 HP, 25,000 CFAF.
– vehicles of 14 to 20 HP, 50,000 CFAF.
– Vehicles of more than 20 HP: CFAF 150,000.
For other vehicles
– vehicles of 2 to 7 HP, 30,000 CFAF.
– vehicles of 8 to 13 HP, 50,000 CFAF.
vehicles of 14 to 20 HP, 75,000 CFAF.
– Vehicles of more than 20 HP:, 200,000 CFAF.
Click here to see the 2023 finance law for other tax modifications.
Bruno Ndonwie Funwie