The Fair of Economic Stakeholders and Local Development dubbed Saedel closed its doors on Saturday December 10,2022 with participants upgrading skills to develop their councils.
For one week participants discussed local development and entrepreneurship to ameliorate the living conditions of the population in their councils .
All together 10 conferences and economic meetings were held on important topics geared at boosting local development.
– Urban development projects and urban mobility management
– Decentralization and local development in Cameroon,stakes and perspectives
– Connectivity challenges and solutions for emerging cities
– Kribi town of opportunities
– Local transformation of wood as a factor of local development
– Kribi crossroads of cultures
– Investment and promotion of employment
-Financing of decentralized local authorities
– Road infrastructure as an attractiveness factor
– Roles of development partners in the local development process in Cameroon
These are some of the experts who shared ideas:
– Dr. Mbassa Ndine the Mayor of the Douala City Council
– Prof. Patrick Abane University lecturer specialized in Public Law,
– Emmanuel Sabikanda the mayor of the Kribi Council
– Prof. Landry Ngono Tsimi Technical Adviser at the Ministry of Forestry and Wild Life
– Roger Koung Delegate of the Ministry of Forestry and Wild Life in Ocean Division
– Hortense Motlanga Sub Director in the Ministry of Forestry and Wild Life in charge of wood Promotion
– Simon Ava , divisional delegate of the Ministry of Communication and the Director General of Klappers all digital experts
– His Majesty Eko Roosevelt and others
For this first edition, about 80 participants took part and the turnout was massive estimated in thousands of visitors according to the organizer Patrice Assiga
While some answered present for visibility, others came to acquire knowledge to develop their area, establish networks and others came to sell.
Talking of boosting local development the aim of the fair, a made in Cameroon section was introduced at the event ground to show the world what Cameroon can produce, there was pharmacopoeia, cosmetics, Fashion and design, gastronomy and arts work
Visibly satisfied with this initiative, the participants welcomed and appreciated the efforts and actions taken by the organiser.
” We are very grateful, the fair permitted us to meet some economic operators who wants to invest in Kribi and its a great opportunity for us” George Mesumbe an official of the Kribi Council.
At the end of the fair, prizes were awarded to best participants ,the Cameroon Radio Television was recognized as best media partner, the Investment Promotion Agency as best Sponsor, the best local product prize was handed to Ngoavayang whisky
Communities left well armed with strategies which will help give visibility and attract investors
Douala will host the second edition of the Fair of Economic Stakeholders and Local Development from the 4th to the 8th of November 2023.