The second edition of the National Congress on Business incubation in Cameroon dubbed CONIEC has opened in Yaoundé with theme “Formalization of incubation structures as a lever for the development of new sustainable start-ups and SME’s communities in Cameroon.”
Amongst the objectives of these year’s activities is presenting the overall public policies implemented to promote business incubation in Cameroon by specifying the role of Incubation Structures.
The presentation of the legal and regulatory framework governing incubation activity in Cameroon is also one of the objectives of the second edition of the National Congress on Business incubation in Cameroon.
The minister of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises said since the first congress in 2020, remarkable progress has been made in the sector.
Achille Bassilekin III confirmed after the opening ceremony of the 2nd edition in Yaoundé this Monday 19, 2022.
He said the first edition enabled the emergence of strategic and operational orientations; to define incubation standards applicable to both public and private incubators, in order to stimulate the development of business projects according to scientific and universally shared canons.
The sittings led to proposals and recommendations aimed at supporting incubation structures to equip themselves with resources and technical, financial and managerial devices enabling them;
– to strengthen the entrepreneurial and creative potential of young people,
– to promote innovation and induce technological development,
– to increase the capacity of the Regional and Local Authorities (RLAS) to induce local development,
– to promote responsible entrepreneurship in order to make a substantial contribution to the acceleration of the project towards emergence.
The 2022 congress amongst other issues aims at;
– presenting the overall public policies implemented to promote business incubation in our Country by specifying the role of Incubation Structures
– popularizing the legal and institutional framework at the national level for the implementation of the incubation activity,
– presenting to the promoters of Incubation Structures the different economic models likely to ensure the sustainability of their activities,
– strengthening the capacities of Incubation Structures promoters in raising funds from development partners,
– raising awareness on the importance of integrating the Sustainable Development Goals into the incubation dynamic
– encouraging the establishment of specialized incubators in the Regions and Councils to make them players in the structural transformation of our Economy.
StartUps; the Major Strategic Orientations
The major strategic orientations of the second edition of the National Congress on Business incubation in Cameroon include;
The elaboration and definition of incubation standards in specific sectors of the Economy, identified in the NDS30: food and agribusiness industries, digital, innovation and technological development, renewable energies or services among others.
Also the presentation of the legal and regulatory framework governing incubation activity.
The raising of funds for incubation structures, whether public funds or funds from International Cooperation and strengthening the empowerment and economic development of territories, through the promotion of quality incubation facilities.
Bruno Ndonwie Funwie